You have less than 3 seconds to keep a user on your website
Market research shows that you have less than three seconds to captivate a user on your site before they decide to move on. What are they looking for in that finite amount of time? A clean look, a design that carries their eye to the right place, proper use of color psychology, and ultimately—usability.
“Usability” is a term used in the web word that umbrellas several different techniques and formulas that market research has proven keeps users on the page. We have all been to poorly designed, nonfunctional websites with too many clicks to find content or long blocky paragraphs. A well designed website can remedy all of these common problems.
Usability Optimization Tips:
- Create a “click” hierarchy system.
- Promote content skimming by using patterns and formats proven effective.
- Make content easy to read: use headings, highlight key words, use white space.
- Don’t put all your eggs in the homepage basket—ALL of the pages have value.
- Ensure that your color scheme and logo are consistent to your company or brand—don’t confuse your user.
Big Boom Design can create a custom website layout for your business. We'll optimize usability with an effective pattern framework and increase overall traffic to the site. Beautifully designed and user friendly, your site will attract and delight your customers!