Chambers & Tourism
One of our original niche markets, we enjoy working with chambers and helping them highlight their county’s unique attractions. These kinds of sites are often very dense—they need to provide a lot of information to several different audiences in an organized and attractive way. With our CMS built-sites we accomplish these goals, and often introduce chamber and board members to new features that can streamline their communication. Chambers and TDA’s are our specialty. Some features include:
- Interactive and social calendars. This allows residents, businesses, and tourists to see what’s going on in the coming weeks. Interactive features include: linking to another site, linking it to the user’s social media (extending its reach), and allowing for updates or information changes as the event approaches.
- Extensive and easy to use business directory. This feature helps out all of your town’s local businesses and helps tourists find what they need, how far away it is from them, and how they can get there with photos and links.
- Hierarchy of admin users. This allows you to mark the level of access your chamber members have to making site updates. Therefore, minimizing mistakes and miscommunications.
Doctors & Medical Centers
More doctors and medical centers are realizing the immense advantages having an up-to-date and interactive web presence provides. The communication of basic information between the facility, medical staff, patients, and the family members of patients can be streamlined through a good website. This means patients are well informed and more prepared for their appointments, saving the facility time and energy. Some features include:
- Employee & patient portals; allowing either party to stay up to date about appointments, procedure changes, and check on their progress—however it relates to them.
- Downloadable & printable patient forms, saving everyone time upon arrival
- “Pay bills online” option
- Downloadable physician directory, helping patients or potential patients find the right doctor or staff member.
Sustainable & Green Businesses
Big Boom Design being a fan of sustainable philosophies and technologies, we are always happy to work with green businesses. Whatever niche of the green market your business may be in, we can help your web visibility. Some features include:
- Original graphic creation to better communicate your green ideas or concepts to the user; helping them to visualize.
- Scorecards, coupons, or vouchers to encourage green initiatives in your community with the use of your product.
- Illustrated step by step instructions on how to implement your green product.
We’re a crowd of humanitarians here at Big Boom, so we’re always excited to work with the non-profit sector. Non-profit’s heavily rely on their web-presence to communicate their message, recruit volunteers, and keep the community informed about their latest progress. And with the CMS built websites we offer, site maintenance costs can stay very low. Features include:
- PayPal donation button plugin right on your homepage.
- Event registration. With this option online, you can expect to pull in more community members to support your cause, and keep an accurate account of your headcount.
- Downloadable volunteer forms. This allows the first step of volunteering to be done immediately, getting them to work sooner.
Property Management & Home Builders
It’s beautiful here in Western North Carolina, so naturally there are many good-looking properties and homes to accompany our mountains and valleys. Working with property managers and homebuilders in this area, it’s always a pleasure to witness first hand some of the amazing homes located in this area: whether it’s to buy, sell, or rent. Some features include:
- Highly optimized photo albums to show off homes and properties—inside and out.
- Owner’s portal access on website. This way, owners can check on the progress of their home creation and communicate with builders and staff.
- Development maps providing aerial views of property lines and their availability.
Restaurants, Bars, & Lounges
Restaurants. Their menus and specials often change seasonally—if not weekly, they participate in local community events, and should have someplace online to independently show off their stellar food reviews and awards received. Restaurants particularly could benefit from the CMS built-sites we provide, allowing their website’s content to be consistent and current. Plus, close ups of food and wine make for some really scrumptious photos. Features include:
- Food gallery, including optimized up close photos showing off your dishes, fine wines, and giving the audience a taste of your atmosphere, whether it be classy and ambient or fun and casual.
- Reservation & catering form—allowing people to request a catering service or make a reservation online. Downloadable and/or printable coupons, specials, and deals; this drives more traffic to your site, and therefore more traffic to your restaurant.
Bands & Music
Musicians keep the heart of rocking out alive in our community. We’re always ready to help advertise what they have to offer through their web presence. Having a solid website is a great tool for bands. Because you have access to a microphone and random audiences on a regular basis, you can verbally market your website (and therefore your self or your band) at all your shows, helping future fans stay in touch with you and where you’ll be next.
- Virtual merchandise salesroom. Showcase your t-shirts, albums, and stickers right on your site with attractive photos and have users pay for them online. This way you can track what your most popular items are and who’s buying what from where.
- Video Gallery. Give your users a sample performance through their computer screen with samplings of some of your favorite video clips.
- Interactive & social calendars. Let your fans know where you will be in the coming weeks. This will allow your users and fans to comment, and carry your name all the way to their Facebook page and Twitter account—increasing your exposure.
Festivals & Events
For larger events and gatherings, having a website to consolidate information and tie up loose ends proves to be a huge help. As the event repeats over time, your site becomes a place to entice future attendees as it collects positive testimonials and colorful photos reflecting your flavor of affair.
- Vendor registration. An essential element of any event, this feature will increase your vendor registration, get them signed up in a timely manner, and keep them informed on the event’s policies.
- Slideshow. Include photos from previous events to attract new visitors and give them a feel for nature of your event or festival.
- Tick purchase. If a purchased ticket is needed to attend the event, having users purchase it online increase ticket sales and make the process quick and efficient.